Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Check Out the Stash!


Went to the farmer's market today in Irvine. It was my first time at this one. My sister and her daughter came as well. It is very small. But I enjoyed being there, never-the-less. I really miss the farmer's market in Corona del Mar. I LOVED that one. I went so often. Every Saturday the house would have fresh flowers and herbs and veggies and of course SALSA! There has been no substitute for "salsa guy's" fabulous salsa. I really need to just make the trek down there one weekend. Life just gets so busy.

So the Irvine market... It is near Target at the Irvine Marketplace. Very small as I said. No flower stands... not today anyway. But the produce was GREEN and voluminous and so beautiful and fresh looking. And well priced. The salsa people here were not as good and rather pricey but not too bad. The hummus guy had probably 10 or 15 different flavors. They were all very very good as was his tsatsiki. We bought a couple hummus flavors and the tsatsiki to take to my parents for Easter weekend.

Here is a link to Farmer's Markets in OC.
http://www.ocregister.com/home_garden/markets.shtml

After checking out the market and making our purchases. We walked over to the new library just a couple yards away. It is really a great building and has a wonderful feeling. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to see projects like this going on in our community which wants to put up so many strip malls! I highly urge you to go visit. I think the book collection is a work in progress but the building is so nice to see.
http://www.ocparks.com/newsroom/default.asp?Show=1001795&subshow=A

4 comments:

AMI said...

there is nothing like vegetables fresh from the ground!! i love the pictures today nicole - looks and sounds like a great market!

Nicole said...

Thanks Lisa!
Have a great day.

Erin said...

Hi Nicole, thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog, and also for adding me to your links. Your kind words absolutely made my day! Thank you a thousand times.

Nicole said...

Hi Erin. I am happy you stopped by. You have a certain "je ne sais quoi" that is really special. Please come again.