Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring is near...

What makes you think of spring?

Spring means different things to different people I suppose. For those in the northern states, it may mean warmer days and more time for outdoors. Here in California it is always fairly warm. Even a cold day is not so bad that you cannot enjoy a brisk walk. But changing the time and allowing for longer days and the beginning of blooms in the surrounding hills... that is saying spring to me right now. There is a smell in the air – slightly sweet, a hint of grass and the mingling of dew with the bits of ocean current that make it this far inland (I am only about 20 min. drive from the coast). I need to take a great picture from our window. On a gorgeous clear day, we can see Catalina and the ocean being that we sit on a little hill.

But with spring comes the desire for all things fresh and alive. Nothing brings in the season better than all the luscious fruit that is coming into season. And who enjoys that more than the kids! Now there's a snack to put a smile on their faces! Time to start really hitting the farmers markets and bringing home the good stuff. I'll be sure to take pics and post after we go to the Strawberry Farm and pick our own soon.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

wow! what a cute kid!
i'm looking forward to spring too. i'm in the south, but the weather's been odd this year. snow one day, 70 two days later.

AMI said...

lovely post - lovely pictures!!

Nicole said...

Thank you so much Lauren! I happen to think she is pretty cute too! ;-) We have had really funny weather here this year. A lot of rain (for here anyway) and hot and cold periods. I kind of like it. Love the rain and the hills are so beautiful right now.

Thanks for the compliments Lisa!!

taste memory said...

kids & watermelon a great combo...i love her hair, i have tried perms to get those ringlets ~ impossible; truly blessed to have au natural ringlets!

Nicole said...

I know, I wish I had them myself. I do hope the curls last. I have heard some people lose them as they get older.

Peter said...

Appreciate to see all these smiles; the kid + the shape of the half eaten watermelon!