Saturday, March 1, 2008

Leftovers

I always tell others that I don't like to "make dinner" but I LOVE to cook. This is to say that the daily grind of what should we have for dinner gets me down. I cannot afford the fat, calories or cost (let alone the time with 2 toddlers at my feet) to cook these great fantastic and exciting meals on a daily basis. Sometimes I need to think of what is easy, economical and somewhat healthy too. This can be a chore. And then I hate to waste food so the ever so common–leftover is in store. Common, common, common and boring! And usually I am OVER it already. But then again... If you have some really nice fresh tomatoes and a lovely bit of avocado leftover... Well what isn't fabulous with avocado? Chop it up, throw it in a dish with scallions and whatever fresh veggies you have on hand. Drizzle some olive oil and splash a bit of vinegar and VOILA a pretty dish which is the center bed for your leftover protein. In this case I added the sausage from pasta night.


This makes a tasty and fairly light dinner. Now all I need is a glass of Cab. to go with it!

Here's to leftovers reinventing themselves!

No comments: