Thursday, March 13, 2008

In the mood for color... and paint! Or just sitting in a café.


I have been thinking about my Sango cup and plate today. I only have the one cup, salad plate and dinner plate. On the Sango website I did not notice this pattern anymore but it does show up quite a few times on Ebay. Maybe I should get a couple more? Especially my beloved cup! It is just the right size and shape too. The thing about the illustration or painting is that indeed it does make me think of France and I like to think I am one of the girls in the image. Or I just want to jump on in and join them. They look a bit pensive but that is okay. I will just whip out my journal or sketchbook and sip my café au lait quietly until we are ready to laugh a bit... or head down the street for some window shopping. These two seem rather stylish, maybe they can give me some tips on great shops in the area and what is the haute couture of the moment.

But the feeling and colors of this art are rather Matisse-like. The lines and mood is a bit more controlled though. I have always loved Matisse. His work sings and has such a feeling of energy and vibrancy not only in the color but the mood, the strokes. It is the whole package. Oh to own a Matisse!


I just read an interesting blog that teaches a little more about Matisse and his style of art. Check out Art Smarts 4 Kids! Wonderful site Jessica! Thank you.

Maybe I should pull out those dusty old oil paints and start up again... Nothing like painting to put you in the mood to cook and drink great wine!

5 comments:

Peter said...

Came here via Jessica! Like you, I think she has a great blog and I vist it almost every day (not always commenting, but learning)!

I really like yours also and am happy to see what you appreciate in life (including Paris where I live, Italy, cafés, good wines, art...)!

Jessica said...

Thanks so much for the link and the kind words! I'm excited to have another blog to read, too. Can't wait to make some of the recipes shown here. I am convinced that cheesecake is what heaven tastes like so I'm excited to try out your recipe!

And those plates do look rather Matisse-like!

Nicole said...

Hi Jessica and Peter! Thank you for coming to visit the site. I am glad you enjoyed it. I hope I can keep it updated regularly and keep adding to the recipes. Jessica, I will continue to check out your site especially if I want to add a link to an artist I am speaking about.

AMI said...

thank you so much for your lovely comment - as i may not have discovered your lovely blog had you not! i love your cheesecake post - i rarely stick to the letter with most recipes either!!!
I'm popping a link on my page so i can pop across and be inspired, thanks nicola!

Nicole said...

Thank you so much Lisa. I will add you as well. Keep visiting! I will do the same. Have a great weekend.