Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wedding Food Highlights

My cousin's wedding reception was at the Balboa Bay Club just over a week ago. Now I have a particular soft spot for this place as it is not only near my beloved water and Newport Beach but it is also where I had my reception! So my husband and I took a couple photos outside for memory's sake. How do you like my yacht? Don't I wish... But I did want to share my new shoes I am just loving!

Now check out these flower arrangements and the CAKE! Have you ever seen anything so gorgeous? It was truly a spectacular wedding. One of the most beautiful I have ever seen!

Now onto some food highlights. Unfortunately I started to eat this before taking a shot of it.

Wild Mushroom Agnolotti with Pancetta and Asparagus
This was to DIE for! And for once I was rather happy my husband is such a picky eater. I got his too! Not that I needed that much but oohhhhh.... It was so amazing.

Tower of Red and Yellow Heirloom Tomatoes with Fresh Mozzarella and Arugula
I think this one speaks for itself. Absolutely delicious and beautiful to look at as well.

Now I am really bummed as I forgot to take a photo of the main course. I was just too busy eating, drinking, talking, laughing and having fun. But it was a duo of Pistachio Crusted Sea Bass with Beurre Blanc Chardonandnay Herb Grilled Filet Mignon with Port Sauce. Good? You could say that!

And check this out. BEFORE the cake was cut, this warm bread pudding à la mode was served.
Now bread pudding isn't my favorite dessert. It is fine but I usually don't waste the calories. But THIS! Oh me, oh my! I ate almost the whole thing! As as you see from above, I was already stuffed to the gills. It was warm mixed with cold. Doughy and cakey mixed with creamy and just so delicious.

What a fun night! We all had a blast and the food was just to die for. A big congratulations to Erica and Ronnie! You are a beautiful couple and I wish you all the best!

22 comments:

Kim in the Kitchen said...

My prom junior year was there! Ah memories! That cake is beautiful! Was it buttercream or fondant? It's beautiful either way, but I'm always more impressed if it's buttercream.

Melissa said...

The food, especially the agnolotti, looks fantastic. So do your shoes. :P Hope all is well!

Emily said...

Everything sounds scrumptious! And the cake is gorgeous!!!

Bren said...

congrats to ur cousin, but girlfriend! that cake and arrangement are amazing!!!!!! wow! how gorgeous! and heirloom tomatoes are so darn good! rock on with the shoes!

Nicole said...

Kim- Buttercream it was! Impressive huh! Don't you love the Balboa Bay club! I don't know how old you are... But.. They redid it just about 6 years ago so it is especially gorgeous now.

Melissa- All is good here. Just very busy with a new project and the kids. The agnolotti was my favorite!

Emily- I think it was the fanciest wedding I ever went to.

Bren- Lovin' my shoes! I usually don't go so high but it is so IN!

Erin said...

Looks like it was an amazing wedding! The food sounds great... especially when i'm in a computer lab before class, with chex mix to get me through until 8:00. :( You look great too, cute dress & shoes!

Gloria Baker said...

Nicole all look amazing and is true! is the most amazing wedding cake I ever see!! And you look fantastic. I love the food and pictures!! xxGloria

Nicole said...

Erin- I remember "school food"! Thanks for the compliments!

Gloria- It truly was gorgeous. They are a very lucky couple.

chefectomy said...

Not sure what is more attractive you and your husband or the food!

--Marc

Laura in Paris said...

The food looks great ... and oh, that cake! Congratulations to the newly wed!

Lori Lynn said...

Cute post! I haven't been there in years. Happy to hear it is still going strong. Oh, and your dress is adorable!
LL

Proud Italian Cook said...

You look beautiful Nicole!!!!

Robin said...

Nicole I love your dress and shoes, very nice! I think wedding flowers and cakes are getting more and more spectacular as time passes.

Abby said...

I love it when a wedding is done RIGHT. The cake and flowers are to die for!

Nicole said...

Marc- You flatter you! ;) Merci!

Laura- Thank you. It was lovely. Hope all is well.

Lori Lynn- The Bay club is still alive and kicking! Actually much nicer now. They redid it 6 years ago just before I got married.

Marie- Too kind, thank you!

Robin Sue- Without a doubt! You are so right. Weddings are getting more and more elaborate and top notch each passing year. You should here some of these others my sister goes to!

Abby- The whole thing WAS just amazing. I loved all the white.

Laurie said...

Everything looks gorgeous Nicole.. and your shoes.. girl you have nice taste!! I don't know which is my favorite.. Balboa or Lido Island. My husband and I both have wonderful memories there. It was our hang out before moving to Temecula and that's when I knew he would be patient with me when I shopped. how could I go wrong! :)

Are you in Orange County? I saw you were in California but didn't know where.

Ciao..

Sherry said...

You are so darn cute, and you wear those sassy shoes so perfectly. :)

Yum, that heirloom tomato dish is beautiful.

Kristen said...

Look how gorgeous you look and all that food looks great! Glad you were able to head back to a place so special :)

Nicole said...

Laurie- I am in Orange County. And actually I lived on Balboa Island for about 9 years! Back in my single days!!! I adore it! Temecula is fun. How do you like it there?

Sherry- Thank you so much! I hope all is well!

Kristen- It really is a special place and so gorgeous.

philippines catering services said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I found this article very helpful and full of friendly budget tips about wedding decorating. Anyway,I love the food look so yummy!

zonia

best gadget reviews said...

Pretty good post.

external hard drives said...

Amazing art.