Friday, November 28, 2008

A Tag and a little about me!

Thank you to everyone who had well wishes for me and visited while I was taking a little break. Nothing really wrong here. I just sometimes need to change things up. In addition, it is also a busy time for all of us and I am getting the Holiday card orders out so there hasn't been much time for blogging anyway. Even though the last week I have been itching to do so.

Now, first things first. I have been TAGGED! Lisa at What We Eat was so kind in inviting me into the game. The object is to list 7 random or little known things about yourself and then tag others to do the same. So here goes.

1) My great great great (not sure how many) grandfather signed the Declaration of Independence! His name was James Wilson. My mother's grandfather still bore the name of James Wilson (Cox) as did his son and grandson.

2) About 12 or 14 years ago, I was in an infomercial for Perfect Smile Tooth Whitening Cream which was hosted by Vanna White.

3) I have had the wonderful opportunity to glide in a hot air balloon across the Masai Mara over Tanzania and Kenya in Africa at sunrise. It was quite an experience. So beautiful to see the earth awakening and all the animals.

4) I am a pretty good snow skier and was on the ski team in college. Unfortunately I have only skied one day in the past six years due in part to the pregnancies and then a husband who doesn't love it as much or want to spend the money to go. I am slightly a snob about it and will only go to the good spots... Mammoth, Tahoe, Park City... I don't like the local mountains.

5) The only body part I have ever broken is my nose. I did it at 18 while water skiing and attempting to jump the wake. (I'm not too bad at water skiing either). It wasn't pretty and now I am afraid to jump the wake.

6) The best concert I ever went to was to see Neil Diamond with my parents. I love his music and he has such an electric quality to his performance. It was amazing. Of course, even as a teenager I preferred his music, folk music, new age, classical, or musicals to top 40 or much of the rock. I know... I am a dork!!!!

7) I have written and illustrated two children's books which have yet to be published. I have a few other idea in my head that I need to work on as well.

Now I am not sure who to tag. So please, if you would like to play, anyone and everyone is welcome. Please join in. I would love to hear more about you.

So here is a little bit of what I have been doing the last few weeks. Food is never too too far from my mind even when I am not cooking a lot or anything too special.

Painting pumpkins and making flower pot turkeys.

Finding unique and fun ways to use kitchen tools!

Silly kids!
Crazy space girl! They think this makes a great space helmet. Not the best picture of here but ooohhh sooo funny.

One of the meals I made. Grilled chicken with some sort of lemon, garlic, cream sauce I think. I don't really remember now.

Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! The holidays are upon us. Cheers.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanksgiving was wonderful over here. Hope yours was the same.

Those are some really awesome facts. Very interesting. I also love Neil Diamond by the way. Classical is my favorite of all time, but that also has something to do with the fact that I play many instruments, I'm sure. Still, it's cool to know someone else who didn't like the stupid radio music of our generation!

Emily said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hahaha your kids are so funny and cute! A commercial with Vanna White!!! hahaha that is priceless!

Joie de vivre said...

What is it with boys and putting things on their bottoms? Mine are the same way!

Peter M said...

Nicole, thanks for the "up close & personal"...Neil Diamond, eh?

Your two munchkins are adorable too!

Nicole said...

Melissa- Your Thanksgiving sounded wonderful. Ours was very nice as well.

Emily- Ha Ha... isn't that funny!

Joie de Vivre- It starts early... Men/boys being obsessed with the lower half! Weird...

Barbara- Welcome and thank you so much for the kind words. I am so glad you enjoy my blog. Keep stopping by.

Peter- I know. I am such a dork about music. But really he is very good.

Robin said...

Sweet Caroline! I like Neil too! Loved all your facts, oh and your poor nose but I can't tell in your pictures, you must have healed up perfectly. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and here we are in December! This will be a great month!

Lori Lynn said...

Whoa! You're quite the athlete Nicole! How about Aspen, that is where I was a "ski bunny" in the late 70's?

Anonymous said...

Your kids are too funny!
And, look at you Miss Celebrity teeth whitening commercial. I had no idea :)

Sherry said...

I loved this, Nicole. I posted my own list today.

Anonymous said...

I could see you in an infomercial concerning teeth! You have a great smile :)

Nicole said...

Robin- My nose did heal pretty well. Only my mom and I can tell and notice it. Happy December!

Lori Lynn- Not quite an athlete as I am horrific at all other sports. Unfortunately I have never had the chance to ski Colorado except for Telluride. I SOOOO would love to ski Aspen and Vale.

Kristen- Funny isn't it. I had headshots and did a small stab at the acting thing. I was even an extra on 90210 back in the day.

Sherry- Oh good! I am going to check it out later today.

Maryann- You are so sweet! Thank you.