Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat...

Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat!
You can be sure I will do that! Or my sisters and I will. We love Halloween.

The previous post was actually my youngest sister's 30th birthday costume party the week prior to Halloween. This post features my other sister's house where we always go to celebrate the night of the dead. She gets really into it and has a ton of decorations! She really goes all out. And she makes a ton of food too. So adults and kids alike have a blast!

The ghostly dining room table spread for all the goulish guests to help themselves.

The bar. Complete with "blood"! Or red and white wine anyway.

Brie with golden raisins and some sort of sauce as well.

Spinach dip and crackers.

Cream cheese with spicy red jalapeno jelly... mmmmmm!
Cheddar, jalapeno cornbread and spicy nuts in the background.

Soup Station: Tortilla soup with avocado and other good fixin's.

I tried out the popular "almost no knead bread" recipe. And paired it with a pistou.

I also made an Alsatian tart. I made up the recipe for the most part and
want to play with it again soon so I will do a full post when I recreate it.

Boo!

9 comments:

Robin said...

Look at all that food. If that were me I would be parked by that food table all night long gorging myself. Looks like alot of fun! Love the black lace table cloth, very cool!

Emily said...

Ha it looks like a lot of fun!!

Michelle said...

Looks like a great party. I'm going to try that Jalapeno Popper Dip. My daughter was born on Halloween, so we always have a lot of fun on this holiday, too.

Peter M said...

..and with a snap of the finger, Halloween's gone. Have you noticed how quick dept. stores have replaced Halloween decor with Christmas motif?

You did it up good...nice nibblies while you're handing out candy to the kids at the door.

Joie de vivre said...

Your sister really did do it up!

Nicole said...

Robin Sue- Well you would fit in perfectly with my sisters and I then for that is practically what we do!

Emily- It was! How was your party?

Michelle- My nephew and sister share the 29th as their birthdays and so we celebrate that as well. Makes for a lot of extra fun.

Peter- I haven't been to the mall yet. But I have to say that around here, Christmas is out in many places BEFORE Halloween! It is out earlier every year! A lot of stores have the Halloween stuff on sale now. If I were smart I'd buy it now.

Joie de Vivre- My sister always goes all out. Fun.

Darius T. Williams said...

Great decorations - but for some reason I'm not scared - just hungry now. That spread looked great!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the crackers and knead bread,. make me hungry now,... GBU,.Nic..

Nicole said...

Roses for you- Thank you for stopping by. I am glad you like it.